Position: Logistic Engineer
Company Name: Construction Company
Experience: 10 to 15 Years
Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent
Skills: Construction site, Mobilisation, Supply chain management
Mode of Interview: Skype and Mobile
- Create a secure site
- Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally and road network cleanliness.
- Manage the installation of site facilities
- Create operational procedures and method statements
- Organize site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
- Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
Supply chain management
- Describe the characteristics of the site, including site access /egress, storage capacity, and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc
- Use the description to produce daily, weekly and long term movements plans
- Understand procurement arrangements
- Control materials in and out of site.
- Plan and integrate with key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme and de-confliction of on site space and time where appropriate.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential logistic suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems.
- Be capable of managing sub-contractors to deliver their package of goods or services
- Variation control and early communication of foreseeable change
- Commercial/Contract basic understanding
- Utilize business management system procedures.
- Record keeping and key performance indicator (KPI) production.
- Embrace a delivery-focussed culture.
- Organize resources to enable contract deadlines to be achieved.
- Organize resources to work additional hours as required to meet project deadlines (eg extended site hours if required by client).
- Responsible for ensuring logistics activities are not a constraining factor on the program, where deemed unavoidable ensuring the issues are communicated in order that de-confliction can occur.
- Select a delivery management technique, process and system.
- Provide logistics instruction to all project suppliers.
- Manage all movements to and from site and keeping associated records.
- Enforce the full use of the organisation's delivery management system.
- Plan to and maximise load capacity on all vehicles arriving at site were possible, ensure suppliers use appropriate vehicles for delivery.
- Ensure that drivers and vehicles meet the required standards before being accepted to site.
Vehicles, plant, equipment and vertical transport
- Specifying and managing plant and equipment.
- Maintain an asset register of all equipment.
- Ensure vehicles and plant are operated safely by trained personnel and in a legally compliant manner
- Ensure all equipment is inspected, maintained and tested to agreed frequencies
- Have knowledge of hoists and cranes, and create and agree booking system to manage their capacity.
- Understand the roles of standard logistics operatives: laborer, waste operative, carpenter, hoist driver, handyman, traffic marshal, SIA guard.
- Ensure operatives are assured of their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure competencies of own team are demonstrable.
- Recruitment of operatives.